Climbing up a steep hill with an e-bike might not be difficult but choosing the perfect bike for your needs certainly is. It’s very easy to get tempted to buy a model that is trending or one that you have already seen in your neighbourhood but taking your buying decision randomly like that could indeed backfire. So, let’s talk about how to buy an e-bike best suited for you-
- The first and most important thing to keep in mind is your own needs. Just understand that electric bikes are not one- size- fits- all machines. Different electric bikes are manufactured for different types of people, loaded with different features. It is for you to decide which features you want on your bike. If you think comfort is all that you need, then go for a bike that’s known for its comfort claims. If you like hill climbing, then you might have to go for a middle motor system or a high torque hub motor in your cycle. If you love riding longer distances, then go for a bike with a high-capacity battery. So, the kind of bike you spend your hard-earned money on should be picked up extremely meticulously.
- Make sure you purchase your bike from a reputed brand. The brand of a product makes a sea of difference in how a user experiences its benefits. Go for a brand that is known to deliver quality products.
- Never buy a bike without test-riding it. And don’t worry; it is going to be the most fun-filled phase of your buying process. When you test drive a bike, you really focus on how the bike makes you feel in totality. At that time, you put the specs of the bike aside; you don’t think much about the brand, and you also probably don’t worry about its price. All you are trying to see is how the product is making you feel. Sometimes, a test ride is enough for you to decide on which bike to purchase. After all, user experience matters. Isn’t it?
- Although e-bikes come in a range of prices, you are not going to get one at a throwaway price. So, purchasing an e-bike is indeed an investment. So, spend on something you really want, and which comes with a warranty. A warranty is an assurance that your company will take your back when something goes wrong. At least, expect to have a warranty on your battery and motor. A two years warranty is reasonable enough to go ahead with the deal.
- The price also matters a lot. Remember one thing; it takes a good amount of money to build a good electric bike. And that is why you cannot expect to get a high-quality bike at an extremely low price. And then again, the prices are higher for models that come with a higher number of features. If you want a sturdy one without a lot of features, then you might as well be able to own one without spending much. But then, if you want every box ticked, you will definitely have to splurge.
These are not the only criteria that you need to consider while buying an e-bike; there are several others. But then, by focusing on these main aspects, you will indeed zero in on a good product.